Lighting the fire of curiosity
Ignite Studio is designed to build the math, reading, self-regulatory, and social skills needed for success in the highly independent Elementary Studio, or wherever their journey takes them next.
Our Eaglets help establish the rules in their Studio and attend weekly Town Hall meetings to identify, discuss, and vote on issues that affect them. They practice basic goal setting and complete challenges at their own pace to earn learning “badges” in math, reading, and citizenship. The rest of the time, they learn through exploration in a series of hands-on project Quests and present what they’ve discovered at an exhibition at the end of each Session.
We are accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year! Start your virtual tour today.
Give your 4 to 6-year-old the opportunity to:
Learn through play and hands-on exploration
Practice basic goal setting
Identify issues and vote on solutions
Move at his/her own pace in math and reading
- Field trips and guest presenters (virtual, if needed) to extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Outdoor space with playground, open grass area, and community garden.
- Student led PE with different activities every week.
- No homework or frequent testing.
- Fun and enriching family activities to foster a strong school community.
I have seen so much development in our son, just in the last few months - not just academically, but in the way he responds to adults and even his younger brother. He is also more prone to figure things out on his own rather than coming to me or his mom for everything. We love Acton and love what we are seeing in our son!