Ascend (High School)
Discover your passion & develop
Customize your high school learning plan! You can choose to include some OSSD online courses, focus on passion projects, or you can do purely a portfolio-based stream.
What if high school helped you discover and develop your unique gifts, talents, and passions?
School — as we know it and was designed in 1893 — was not originally created with this in mind. Our school was born differently. Infinity School is one of the newest and most innovative (and downright coolest) schools in the world. Our learning environment is a model for the future – now. You are invited to bring yourself, your interests, and your voice to our school as we work to develop a dynamic environment in Infinity School. Let’s do real and world-changing good together.
The Acton Academy model we are an affiliate of refers to high school as “Launch Pad” and we agree those completing this program will feel ready to launch into their next great adventure.
What makes our high school different?
- Get real-world, experiential learning!
- Customize your high school to include any or all of the following: OSSD online courses (through TVO), purely portfolio-based work, or a combination of both.
- We believe in doing real, personally challenging work that is meaningful to the world beyond the school walls–and most importantly within the context of a tight-knit caring school community.
- We have removed traditional subject-based classes and teaching positions.
- Exploring passion projects while mastering core skills is a common occurrence at Infinity High School.
- We are a school community aimed at preparing students for a lifetime of leadership and service. This program instills the importance of giving back to the community by encouraging a generous spirit in our students through philanthropic projects.
- We believe in a student-led learning design that meets the educational goals of each young person. Infinity High School students are the centre of their own learning experience so that their education is challenging and relevant — preparing them for college or the career adventure of their choice.
- These students get ready for real-world success by gaining valuable skills, mastering them through apprenticeships, and launching real startups, businesses, and projects. Students will surround themselves with world-class entrepreneurs, artists, scientists, and heroes in the field they are passionate about.
- “Learning to be” matters. Our students are challenged to develop personal character and virtue that will help them navigate their life using as their compass kindness, hard work, honesty, responsibility, and a deep sense of life purpose.
Please note that our high school or “Launch Pad” program as it is called through our parent Acton Academy program operates like a small group home-school styled learning pod.
Learners in our high school enter and complete this program as “home-schoolers,” which is how they will apply to post-secondary programs. The Launch Pad graduates will be armed with an incredible portfolio of work to use as entrance criteria for college & university programs.
A Day in the Life
Mastering Reading, Writing, Math and Civilization using online programming and Socratic Discussions
Competing and collaborating in real-world projects to learn 21st Century Skills
Visiting local learning or work environments like the the London Public Library or a University or College campus to connect, learn, train
Experimenting with entrepreneurs, scientists, and community leaders to hone a young adult’s most precious gifts and talents
Using community facilities like the nearby YMCA and GoodLife Fitness to play, swim, workout, and have fun
Who is this High School for?
People who have done “School within a School” at TVDSB and, given that taste of part-time experiential learning, would like to continue their high school years with a more in-depth, full-time project-based program.
People who have finished grade 8 in other private schools in London and prefer to be in a smaller high school.
People who have graduated from grade 8 in public school and are eager to be in a micro, supportive, and caring environment.
People who like entrepreneurship and learning at their own pace, whether that is really fast or slower than most.
People who are bored in school.
People who want to feel free to be who they are.
People who don’t feel school quite works for them.
People who see things differently.
People who would like school to be more about doing projects around their own interests with just a few dozen other young people.
People who might like to build things or program computers or make art.
People who care about their future and want to already start diving in to what they are passionate about.
People who are kind, hardworking, and committed to doing their best.
Learning at Infinity High School
- Students launch their own business
- No test, no grades, no homework
- Real world, hands on projects
- Field trips and guest presenters to extend learning beyond the classroom
- Earn University/ College credit while in High School
- Fine art and music workshops
- Integrated fitness and sports
- Character education
- Hands-on learning
- Foreign language
- Robotics, programming, coding