Ascend (High School)
Discover your passion & develop
Would you prefer a traditional high school or the adventure of a lifetime? What if school helped you discover and develop your unique gifts, talents, and passions?
School — as we know it and was designed in 1893 — was not originally created with this in mind. Our school was born differently. Infinity School is one of the newest and most innovative (and downright coolest) schools in the world. Our learning environment is a model for the future – now. You are invited to bring yourself, your interests, and your voice to our school as we work to develop a dynamic environment in Infinity School. Let’s do real and world-changing good together.
What makes our high school different? (Our high school opens September, 2021)
- Our high school, a micro-school, will be imbedded in a co-workspace environment! We will be located at Innovation Works in downtown London, ON.
- We will partner with community organizations like the Centre YMCA and GoodLife Fitness depending on our ability to do that during this time of COVID-19.
- This high school will look and feel like the work environment is going to look and feel like for these teenagers when they are older. This is real-world, experiential learning!
- We believe in doing real, personally challenging work that is meaningful to the world beyond the school walls–and most importantly within the context of a tight-knit caring school community.
- We have removed traditional subject-based classes and teaching positions.
- Instead, staff and students work in a tightly knit team of fifteen-twenty students.
- Exploring passion projects while mastering core skills is a common occurrence at Infinity High School.
- We are a school community aimed at preparing students for a lifetime of leadership and service. This program instills the importance of giving back to the community by encouraging a generous spirit in our students through philanthropic projects.
- We believe in a student-led learning design that meets the educational goals of each young person. Infinity High School students are the centre of their own learning experience so that their education is challenging and relevant — preparing them for college or the career adventure of their choice.
- These students get ready for real-world success by gaining valuable skills, mastering them through apprenticeships, and launching real startups, businesses, and projects. Students will surround themselves with world-class entrepreneurs, artists, scientists, and heroes in the field they are passionate about.
- “Learning to be” matters. Our students are challenged to develop personal character and virtue that will help them navigate their life using as their compass kindness, hard work, honesty, responsibility, and a deep sense of life purpose.
A Day in the Life
Mastering Reading, Writing, Math and Civilization using online programming and Socratic Discussions
Competing and collaborating in real-world projects to learn 21st Century Skills
Visiting local learning or work environments like the the London Public Library or a University or College campus to connect, learn, train
Experimenting with entrepreneurs, scientists, and community leaders to hone a young adult’s most precious gifts and talents
Using community facilities like the nearby YMCA and GoodLife Fitness to play, swim, workout, and have fun
Who is this High School for?
People who have done “School within a School” at TVDSB and, given that taste of part-time experiential learning, would like to continue their high school years with a more in-depth, full-time project-based program.
People who have finished grade 8 in other private schools in London and prefer to be in a smaller high school.
People who have graduated from grade 8 in public school and are eager to be in a micro, supportive, and caring environment.
People who like entrepreneurship and learning at their own pace, whether that is really fast or slower than most.
People who are bored in school.
People who want to feel free to be who they are.
People who don’t feel school quite works for them.
People who see things differently.
People who would like school to be more about doing projects around their own interests with just a few dozen other young people.
People who might like to build things or program computers or make art.
People who care about their future and want to already start diving in to what they are passionate about.
People who are kind, hardworking, and committed to doing their best.
Learning at Infinity High School
- Students launch their own business
- No test, no grades, no homework
- Real world, hands on projects
- Field trips and guest presenters to extend learning beyond the classroom
- Earn University/ College credit while in High School
- Fine art and music workshops
- Integrated fitness and sports
- Character education
- Hands-on learning
- Foreign language
- Robotics, programming, coding